Whip up Dinner in a ‘Curry’, with this NOURISHING CURRIED LENTIL & SWEET POTATO BOWL
An amazingly nourishing, delicious bowl with roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower rice, curried lentils, and cilantro chutney. Just 30 minutes and SO tasty!
- 1 batch Coconut Curried Golden Lentils
- 1 large sweet potato (cut into rounds or small wedges // skin on // organic when possible)
- 2 Tbsp coconut or avocado oil (see notes for oil-free*)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 head cauliflower (grated into “rice” // or sub cooked white or brown rice)
- 1 Tbsp oil or water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder (optional)
- 1 bundle organic kale or collard greens (chopped // or other green // alternatively, prepare my Coconut Curried Greens)
FOR SERVING optional
- 1 batch Cilantro Chutney
- Thinly sliced red cabbage
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Prepare a batch of Coconut Curried Golden Lentils (not included in final cook time).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add sweet potatoes, oil*, and salt and toss to combine. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender and slightly brown on the ends.
- In the meantime, prepare cauliflower rice by heating a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add oil or water, cauliflower rice, salt, and curry powder. Stir to combine.
- Lower heat to low and sauté for 3-5 minutes, covering to allow it to steam and stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust flavor as needed. Set aside.
- Next, prepare kale by heating a rimmed skillet or pot over high heat and adding 1/2 inch of water. Bring to a boil. Then place a steamer basket on top. Add kale and cover. Steam for 2-3 minutes or until just wilted and bright green. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Lastly, prep any remaining serving items, such as chutney, sliced cabbage, or cilantro (all optional).
- Divide sweet potatoes, curried lentils, cauliflower rice, kale, and any additional items between serving bowls and enjoy. Best when fresh. Store leftover ingredients separately in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.
*For oil-free roasted sweet potatoes, first steam sweet potatoes for 5 minutes in a steamer basket. Then arrange on baking sheet and bake as instructed but only for 15-20 minutes instead of 25.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without additional sauces or toppings (i.e. chutney), but calculated with the suggested oil (in this recipe and the curried lentils). If you remove the oil the nutrition comes to ~390 calories, 4.7 g fat, and 3.7 g saturated fat.